Passport - Introduction
How did you fair though Hurricane Irma? Share something heartwarming that was the result of Hurricane Irma.
What is your citizenship? What are the privileges and responsibilities of citizenship?
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
“What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”
Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit."
Why can't you be born into or naturalized into the Kingdom of God? Why do you need to be SUPER-naturalized or born again into the Kingdom of God? What does it mean to be born again?
Always thank the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.
The Bible takes these 2 spiritual kingdoms very seriously. It says that everyone is born into the kingdom of darkness and we must be born again to enter the Kingdom of Light. How have you seen these 2 spiritual kingdoms (the kingdom of darkness and the Kingdom of Light) at work around you?
Have you ever had to assimilate into a new culture? How did that go for you?
How is assimilating into the Kingdom of God going for you? Considering this list, what do you need to work on?
- A new language - The language of the Bible, of prayer, of praise
- A new way of life - Giving instead of taking, blessing instead of cursing, forgiving instead of retaliating, trusting instead of panicking
- A new community - It's not just me or me and my family anymore; it's me and my people - God's people, the Church of Jesus Christ
4. Passport: A Believer's Guide to the Kingdom of God by Tim Davidson
Because Passport is a personal devotional and journal it's best to have one book per person
Your assignment ...
- Read the Introduction and work though Week One
- Memorize John 3:16 - See "Memory Verses" on ChurchLink App under MORE
- If you are able, help defray the cost of your book. Suggested donation $10. If you can pay for someone else to have a book, please do.
How can your group pray for you?