Passport (5) - Questions
Kingdom PRESENCE - THE HOLY SPIRIT
Passport - Week 5
What has your experience been of the Holy Spirit? What questions or concerns do you have around the Holy Spirit or people claiming to have the Holy Spirit?
“Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
Essentially, Paul tells us 4 things.
- WAKE UP (from your sleep walking through life)
- SMARTEN UP (to the fact that the days are evil and you could miss critical opportunities that you will never get back so you need to know the Lord's will)
- GIVE UP (anything you are "drinking" that has you under its influence or is controlling you, like alcohol or gossip or pornography or cable news or you fill in the blank _____________)
- DRINK UP (the Holy Spirit)
Which of the above 4 things do you need to focus on the most and why?
Pick one of the 4 and finish this sentence This has helped me to wake up or smarten up or give up or drink up ...
In terms of smartening up try listening to Albert Mohler - The Briefing Daily Podcast
Of these 5 elements of what it means to drink up the Holy Spirit, which one do you need to focus on the most right now?
- Come to Jesus (because only those who believe in Jesus have the Spirit living within them)
- Thirst and keep on thirsting
- Ask and keep on asking
- Believe and keep on believing
- Obey and keep on obeying
Divide up into smaller groups (possibly men with men and women with women) and lay hands on each other and pray for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit on each person. There may be something very specific for which the person needs the Holy Spirit's help. Pray for the Spirit's filling in that area, to address that need. Remember the question that John Wimber sensed in his spirit: "Since you can do nothing without me, how much help do you want?” So what do you need help with? And how can your group pray for you?