Passport (8) - Notes
Kingdom mission -:naturally supernatural
Passport - Week 8
Peter and John went to the Temple one afternoon to take part in the three o’clock prayer service. As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple gate, the one called the Beautiful Gate, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money.
Peter and John looked at him intently, and Peter said, “Look at us!” The lame man looked at them eagerly, expecting some money. But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!”
Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened. He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them.
All the people saw him walking and heard him praising God. When they realized he was the lame beggar they had seen so often at the Beautiful Gate, they were absolutely astounded! They all rushed out in amazement to Solomon’s Colonnade, where the man was holding tightly to Peter and John.
The supernatural is to be a natural part of everyday life
- SO BE READY - Heaven can invade earth at any moment
The supernatural comes when we are being our natural selves
- SO BE YOURSELF - God will use you just the way you are
God uses the natural to do the supernatural
- SO BE AVAILABLE - God uses ordinary people in extraordinary ways
- We supply the natural; God supplies the supernatural
The connection between the supernatural and the natural is our obedience
- SO BE OBEDIENT - Our choices open or close the tap of the supernatural
When something supernatural happens in and through the natural God gets the glory
Acts 3:12 & 16
Peter saw his opportunity and addressed the crowd. “People of Israel,” he said, “what is so surprising about this? And why stare at us as though we had made this man walk by our own power or godliness?”
“Through faith in the name of Jesus, this man was healed—and you know how crippled he was before. Faith in Jesus’ name has healed him before your very eyes.”
- SO BE HUMBLE - It’s not about you; it’s about God!
Don’t limit the supernatural to just big things
- SO BE EXPECTANT - God uses small things in big ways
“Failed” naturally supernatural attempts are never failures
- SO BE ENCOURAGED - Success is more about obedience than outcomes
- Success is more about planting seeds than seeing trees