The Bible (4) - Notes
PROCESS OF REVELATION
- Inspiration & Composition
- Compilation & Preservation
- Translation & Illumination
- Interpretation & Application
- There is no perfect translation
- Translations come and go, but the Bible remains forever (Timeless Word - Temporary Translations)
- Every translation has some interpretation
¿Como se llama? - How yourself call? - What’s your name?
JOHN 3:16 (KLGT - Karl's Literal Greek Translation)
So for loved God the world his Son his only he gave that everyone who believes in him not perish should but have life everlasting
Who does that sound like?
“Not of this world, my kingdom is.” (YV)
“Your hearts troubled do not let them be.” (YV)
THE PROCESS OF TRANSLATION
- You have to know the original language thoroughly
- You have to know the new language thoroughly
- You need to be true to the original language yet make it speak in the new language
Don't forget about a Kid's Bible!
Some translation comparisons ... (BibleGateway.com)
RIGHTEOUS-FIED IN HIS SIGHT
- Justified in his sight
- Declared righteous in God’s sight
- Made right with God
- Put right with God
HILASMOS FOR OUR SINS
- Propitiation for our sins
- Atoning sacrifice for our sins
- A sacrifice to take away our sins
- A sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God
- A wrath-satisfying-sacrifice for our sin (KV - Karl's Version)
The sacrifice of Jesus satisfies the wrath of God against our sin. We are saved from God’s wrath by God’s love in Jesus!
Other tools (click image to open) ...